четверг, 17 марта 2011 г.

Last Seat on the Bandwagon

The thing that bothered me the whole week was the whole "Pray for Japan" thing going on Deviant Art and Tumblr.Though I understand that many people sincerely made re-posts and art featuring this phrase, the speed and amount of it still left a bad taste in my mouth. Like everybody is trying too hard to show their concern, while the events are fresh and awaiting pageviews for this. Especially when the artist said that the made the drawing quickly. I usually don't assume the worst of people, but when I see "Pray for Japan" in rainbow pastel candy heart font - it makes me cringe. And not only me.

Of course I heard that some people felt better from these pictures - felt that the world cares for their tragedy and wants to comfort them. But here are a few links we all should consider more - statement from Pixiv artists and a post of one of the victims. This tragedy, as said in the last one, isn't a fandom. So please, before you re-blog or fave another "J, R U OK?" picture, that doesn't actually call for real action, consider these messages. If you really want to help, help with actions. If you're an artist, you can take part in Help_Japan auctions. I have two lots submitted here and here, if any one is interested in donating.

Art is a powerful tool, and we, was artists, must use it responsibly.

 

1 комментарий:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...