Picking up for where I left with my reviews on "DOs and DON'Ts" for different figures, today I'll be posting tips for the pear-shaped girls.The remaining two shapes will follow shortly too.
What we need here is to balance the narrow chest and shoulders with the wide puffy skirt to create a nice silhouette.
- Short-sleeved cutsews and puffy-sleeved blouses
- JSK with wide shoulder straps
- Jackets and coats with shoulder pads to broaden your shoulders. Don't overdo it, they should not be visible.
- Medium to high necklines - wide necklines such as boatneck or scoopneck style that can visually widen the shoulders. Square necklines and ruffled collars are also a nice option.
- Accessories that draw attention upwards - neck bows, ties, fur collars, shawls and short capes.
- Emphasize your waist, but instead of a cupcake-shape choose A-line or a slightly dropped waist for a more smooth silhouette.
- Avoid shoes with ankle straps or t-straps, since they can make your legs look larger.
- Boleros and cardigans are a great way to balance your figure, especially waist-length ones.
- Baggy garments. This, actually, is an advice for all body shapes, for petite and plus-sized alike.
- Stiff fabric
- Garments that add bulk to your hips, such as salopettes or drop-waist skirts. If the general lolita silhouette conceals the hips, these emphasize them pretty well.
- Avoid shirts that are too tight.
- Avoid babydoll dresses.
- Underbust items and corset skirts are also better to avoid, since they'll make your torso and shoulders look more narrow.