воскресенье, 20 февраля 2011 г.

Finding Inspiration - A Rant To Heat things Up

As an artist and designer, I constantly make pieces based on some inspiration. Be it a song, color scheme, photo, or movie. And as much as romantic florals and sweet cupcakes  affect my art, they aren't the only, or even the base source for me. If an artist wants to develop and evolve, he always must seek something new and, quite possibly, something very different from his own style.

LF is very conservative and actually hasn't changed very much over the past decade. The color schemes and silhouettes, patterns and themes remain basically the same The recent addition of lilac and mint to the sweet style palette can almost be seen as a breakthrough. Flowers, cute baby animals, sweets, toys, or crosses and castles - whatever style you pick, it still is constant at the core. Sure, so called "oldschool" lolita was more toned down than the latest hot trends, but it even didn't actually disappear, the same non-print dresses are re-released over the years.

I like collecting  such palettes for inspiration. This one is from a great wedding blog Flights of Fancy
LF is repeating itself over and over again, and the more I work within it as my choice of style and target audience, the more I realize how it limits my ideas to the point when I'll begin repeating either myself or the trends set. And this is death for creativity. So I take bit's and pieces from other sources, which I rethink within the style. I love to achieve a new result - some fresh blood is required now and then, if one wishes to keep moving forward.

1 комментарий:

  1. I very much agree!

    And it makes me a little sad when sometimes incorporating new things into lolita is considered "not lolita" as if new things are only acceptable when done by brands or icons. =/

    Btw, your picture isn't showing up... I don't know if that's just my computer though.

    ОтветитьУдалить

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...